November 6, 2014

Kanye for the Day

Kanye West.

You heard me.

Kanye Freaking West

What is up with this guy?

Why is he so amazing?

I feel like I need to explain my week through Kanye quotes so here we go.



1. "Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?"


He's right you know. When you believe in something so strongly and you want to share that to the world, make sure you aren't the only one who believes in it. Bring someone along!
Thats what I did last Thursday at Bingham High School during their college day where all of the seniors can go and explore colleges in Utah! I had the opportunity to talk to over 300 high school students about my amazing time at Utah State University and what USU has to offer them as well! My "aggiemony" was strong on its own but what made it even stronger was the "aggiemony" of one of the fellow ambassadors and one of my greatest friends, Mr. Landon Howard. 


It is safe to say that we killed it at our old high school stomping ground and I am excited to visit those seniors again (November 18th, for those Bingham Miners reading this) and see how many have applied to the best school in the state!

2. “If you know you're the best it only makes sense for you to surround yourself with the best. NO EXCEPTIONS”


I don't know if I am the best exactly but I do know that I try and surround myself with some of the best people I know.

I recently planned and executed my fraternities fall formal where we had some good music, some good company, and a bumpin dance party. I was just sitting there eating delicious catering (shout out to Iron Gate Catering) and looking at all of my brothers talking and laughing with their dates and each other and it dawned on me that this organization, this brotherhood that I have been a part of for the almost 3 years now has been so good to me and I am surrounded with men who have good heads on their shoulders! 

Don't mind the devil eyes, I love these guys with all of my heart!






3. " I'm just the expresso...I'm just the shot in the morning to get you going. To make you believe that you can overcome that situation that you're dealing with all the time. "


When life gives you 18 high school student leaders to hang out with for the day, you make an awesome conference for them to enjoy.

Aggie Leadership Extravaganza was on Saturday and it was a BLAST! Brittany Peterson and I were Team Kat and we had 18 little kitten leaders to hang out with and they were just the coolest katz I have ever seen. At ALE we had games, food, dancing, posters, cheering, and a really amazing key note speaker. His name was Mike Schlappi and he will change your life! 

Team House Kat

Momma Kat and Poppa Kat

4. "Everyone should be Kanye for a day."


Ok, this last one was actually said by yours truly but c'mon, that is totally something Kanye West would say and you know it!

On Saturday, I attending the Alpha Chi sorority informal with Miss Abigail Jarmin. She requested that we dress like the infamous Kim and Kanye West....




Let's just say we represented them quite well. .




Now, I want you to go and google Kanye West.

Click on the 'Images" tab.

If you are scrolling through the pictures, you are going to notice that a lot of them are of him frowning. I don't know if I would call it frowning exactly but I wouldn't exactly call it a smile either.


The final lesson I am going to leave with you is this:


There are going to be PLENTY of reasons to frown this week





And I am not saying you can't frown, sometimes your face doesn't have the energy to curve upwards.




Go listen to your favorite song, go for a run, eat some ice cream, vent to your mom, whatever you do to make yourself feel better. Get all of the anger and sadness out!

Because when you smile...




Everyone else can't help but smile too! 


Have a good week!
Make good choices!

- Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment